Railroad Forums 

• Lone survior? Trolley wire support pole in Doylestowm, PA

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#1207056  by 25Hz

I have stumbled upon what i believe to be the lone surviving trolley wire support pole in town near the intersection of main and ashland streets in doylestown, pa.

It has remnants of green enamel paint and i took a photo so someone can confirm if it was a trolley wire support pole or not.

The tree in the photo is about 30 years old. I'm guessing it survived due to it being so far off the sidewalk and behind a tree that was likely there previously.

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac19 ... 3c8dd3.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1290069  by trackwelder

looks very much like a trolley pole to me, and i see them every day. you should ask the property owner if you could get a good look at the plaque on it.