Railroad Forums 

• Video that must be shared: Bangkok

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

#449243  by jersey_emt

Yeah I saw that the other day. Amazing how fast the people re-setup their tents after the train passes!

#449245  by KFC Jones

And I thought the coast line was rough...

#449310  by David Benton

( spelling of Bangkok and Thailand Corrected by moderator ) .

There's already several vidoes of this in the "what the "thread , but i guess it deserves its own thread .
Truly amazing .

#450869  by blabey

I witnessed exactly the same thing a couple of years ago when my wife and I rode a special (steam) excursion through the barrios of Guatemala City. The vendors moved their stalls scant moments before our train went through. Immediately afterward, the market stalls, awnings, and crowds of customers gathered back on the right-of-way - just as if the railroad had never been there. It's an amazing scene, but one that is repeated in a number of third world countries.
I remember a British friend who travelled to Freetown, Serria Leone back in the 1970's telling me that the 2"6" SLGR was "overrun" with market ladies who would sell their goods right on the tracks, reluctantly standing aside as the trains passed through "their" market.

#450975  by David Benton

on my Gautemalean train trip , we never made it to the city , (from puerto barrios ) , the train derailed 1/2 way ther e.
The old railway station ibn Freetown is now a bus station , i can well imagine the scene as the ladies tell the train driver off .