Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
 #85241  by Owen McGee

My Mother is 81 years old and has lived within earshot of the old B&O mainline near Delaware Bend (West of Defiance) virtually her whole life. Some time ago she mentioned rather wistfully that altho she had lived near the tracks all her life, she had never rode them. The only Amtrak's running that line pass thru in the wee hours, so riding them was not an option. Short of getting her into an eastbound boxcar in Garrett, the only answer I can come up with is a video.

Does anyone know of a detailed video of the Garrett - Willard section of this line?

Owen McGee

#85807  by hutton_switch

Sunday River Productions has a $39.95 90-minute video, "Baltimore and Ohio Steam" photographed in the dwindling years of steam on the Chicago Division of the B&O, by cinematographer Guy Brant. This would be a nice gift to your mom, especially if her birthday is coming up shortly. I'll bet she'll see various locales she'll recognize in this. Here is a link to Sunday River Productions' web site to that video:

http://www.sundayriverproductions.com/s ... /sB_O.html