Railroad Forums 

• Vickers Diamond Repair

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#857262  by ToledoTerminalRy

Today I found out that Vickers diamond is being repaired or replaced. I found this out when I met a photographer on Andrus Rd in Northwood. A CSX intermodal train was using the Carrothers Secondary coming off the waterlevel route towards Stanley Yard. He said they had re-routed some CSX trains in North Toledo around Vickers. Was just too cool, I havent seen anything down these tracks - as far as a thru train in probably 10 years! YES!
 #857265  by ToledoTerminalRy

Just thinking, these CSX crew probably have no knowledge of the Carrothers Secondary or other NS tracks. Does NS crew these trains then? Does a CSX crew share the cab?
BTW this train had rusty rails condition they were stopping at every switch and crossing, with conductor protecting the crossing.