Railroad Forums 

Discussion of Canadian Passenger Rail Services such as AMT (Montreal), Go Transit (Toronto), VIA Rail, and other Canadian Railways and Transit

Moderator: Ken V

#1434310  by gaspeamtrak

Hi everybody.
I would like to know what the consist of the after mentioned trains are?
We will be traveling on # 64 November 25 and returning on # 69 November 28.
I know it is six months away and consist can change. Even if somebody can tell what consists are running right now???
Thank you in advance... :-D :-D
 #1434315  by electricron

gaspeamtrak wrote:Hi everybody.
I would like to know what the consist of the after mentioned trains are?
We will be traveling on # 64 November 25 and returning on # 69 November 28.
I know it is six months away and consist can change. Even if somebody can tell what consists are running right now???
Thank you in advance... :-D :-D
Per the present VIA train schedules, #64 has a checked baggage service while #69 doesn't. VIA only has baggage cars in its HEP (Budd) and Renaissance fleets. Therefore I believe it is safe to assume #69 is likely using LRC cars, while #64 is likely using Renaissance or HEP (Budd) cars.
 #1434343  by marquisofmississauga

electricron wrote: Per the present VIA train schedules, #64 has a checked baggage service while #69 doesn't. VIA only has baggage cars in its HEP (Budd) and Renaissance fleets. Therefore I believe it is safe to assume #69 is likely using LRC cars, while #64 is likely using Renaissance or HEP (Budd) cars.

I have ridden those trains a few times lately and I have seen them often and can confirm the above: train 64 is an all HEP consist and train 69 is LRC. For approximately a year and a half VIA operated an LRC Business Class car on #64 but that has since been replaced by an old HEP-2 VIA 1 car.
 #1434493  by timberley

marquisofmississauga wrote: I have ridden those trains a few times lately and I have seen them often and can confirm the above: train 64 is an all HEP consist and train 69 is LRC. For approximately a year and a half VIA operated an LRC Business Class car on #64 but that has since been replaced by an old HEP-2 VIA 1 car.
Looking in Reservia confirms this - 64 is currently listed as "HP2" (which either indicates HEP2 or a mix of HEP1 and HEP2), and 69 is listed as LRC. I was on 64 two months back and it was running with a HEP1 baggage, two HEP2 clubs (one in Business service, one in coach service), and then a mix of HEP2 and HEP1 coaches.
 #1434494  by timberley

electricron wrote: Per the present VIA train schedules, #64 has a checked baggage service while #69 doesn't. VIA only has baggage cars in its HEP (Budd) and Renaissance fleets. Therefore I believe it is safe to assume #69 is likely using LRC cars, while #64 is likely using Renaissance or HEP (Budd) cars.
No Renaissance cars running Montreal-Toronto right now, the only Corridor sets are in use on Ottawa-Montreal and Montreal-Quebec trains (specifically trains 20, 22, 24, 29 and 37)

Generally checked baggage will indicate it's Ren or HEP, but there are a couple of trains currently running with LRC cars and just a HEP baggage car. Train 65 is LRC, but on days that the Ocean arrives in Montreal (Mon/Thurs/Sat) it operates with a baggage car as the connecting train. Still all-LRC, but with a HEP baggage car up front. That train comes back as 66 the following days (Tue/Fri/Sun) - no good to connect to the Ocean, but it gets that consist back to Montreal, and offers checked baggage service on those days. You can see this noted in the current timetable.