Railroad Forums 

Discussion of Canadian Passenger Rail Services such as AMT (Montreal), Go Transit (Toronto), VIA Rail, and other Canadian Railways and Transit

Moderator: Ken V

#1570727  by NH2060

Yes I am aware of that. But there has been no other movement through that area AFAIK so the consist that derailed had to be that one, not a rake of VIA Rail cars. If there was there would no doubt be photos online and /or videos on YouTube by now.
 #1573312  by NH2060

Not 100% perfect (I think a very dark green window band would have been a better fit vs black), but I LOVE the bold new look for the new trains. The VIA SC-44s blow away every other Charger livery to date (though the Metro-North unit renderings are not far behind).
 #1640691  by Gilbert B Norman

From Marriott Renaissance Center Detroit--

Yesterday. Observed #76 at Windsor. I just walked on to the platform from the street.

What I observed was a four car train of Amtrak hand me downs (one ex-SP) handled by a P-42.

All looked to be - at least on the outside - in a "state of disrepair"; Amtrak equipment seemed "golden" - at least when washed - when compared with this motley collection, which I can assume was roadworthy.

VIA cannot get their Venture/Charger equipment soon enough - and without the "grief" Amtrak has been confronted with in accepting their cars.