Railroad Forums 

Discussion of Canadian Passenger Rail Services such as AMT (Montreal), Go Transit (Toronto), VIA Rail, and other Canadian Railways and Transit

Moderator: Ken V

#1547697  by Gilbert B Norman

Not really related, but go to Google Maps, zero in on the VIA Ststion in Edmonton. Turn to pictures, and look at what the Googlemobile saw when it last drove by.
 #1547715  by NeoArashi

Saw that a couple weeks ago (For some strange reasons, I like to look up train station on Goole Maps, wether or not they are Via Rail) Given that it's a 2-3 times/Week train (on each directions), passing through such a beauty is an increadibly nice coincidence. Also, juding by the photos... I guess it was heading toward Toronto?
 #1548315  by lstone19

NeoArashi wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:48 pm Saw that a couple weeks ago (For some strange reasons, I like to look up train station on Goole Maps, wether or not they are Via Rail) Given that it's a 2-3 times/Week train (on each directions), passing through such a beauty is an increadibly nice coincidence. Also, juding by the photos... I guess it was heading toward Toronto?
Are you referring to what you see in Street View? I'm seeing five cars (including a Panorama Car that don't work east of Edmonton) that appear to have been set out (they're not on the platform track) with no locomotives. I'm guessing they were set out by an eastbound to be picked up by a westbound (makes sense they'd carry additional sleepers between Edmonton and Vancouver).

With the Edmonton station on the tail of a wye, trains back in in both directions so nothing can be inferred about direction when sitting at the Edmonton station.
 #1548448  by Pensyfan19

I'm kind of lost with the different topic headings. What was the notice which CN made to VIA? Is this due to the virus? Derailment? Protestors? Caribou Crossing?

Also, this is what I found on google maps for Edmonton. Looks like the locomotives accidentally left their train behind... :wink:

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.5773547 ... 312!8i6656