Railroad Forums 

• Vermont Rail System (VTR, GMRC, WACR, CLP, NYOG)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1608309  by FatNoah

To finish off with the switchers, it sounds like SW1500 1505 (ex-NEGS) is also more-or-less permanently assigned to the ex-NEGS out of Concord.
Every time I head to NH, I stop at NEGS world HQ in Canterbury, and 1505 is always parked there, except for the one time it moved to the engine house in Laconia for a periodic inspection.
 #1616848  by NHV 669

It appears that VRS has done what we had believed wouldn't happen; they're now crewing the G18/19 job between Newport and Farnham, using CP power capable of operating in Canada.

Apparently the service is back up to 3x a week, seems like they're moving some decent traffic lately based on recent photos.
 #1618646  by NHV 669

Those are like the ones I spotted from I-91 in that siding a few months ago. WACR also recently moved a few sizable trains of OMYA tanks north for storage along the line, those have been spotted there as well in recent years.
 #1618650  by Fritz

Hello,
So far what I have seen stored this winter are:

Willoughby - white OMYA tank cars
St. Johnsbury - white OMYA covered hoppers
Bell - black methanol tank cars

I haven't been farther north or south since the beginning of the year, so I don't know what is stored at Orleans or Ely. As far as I know, these are all empties.
Best,
Fritz
 #1619251  by johnpbarlow

Giving this thread a kick: Green Mountain RR has filed a notice of exemption with the STB as of 3/28/23 to implement trackage rights over NECR granted as part of the CSX acquisition of PAR and G&W/B&E acquiring Pan Am Southern operating rights.

Excerpts:
ARTICLE 1. GRANT OF TRACKAGE RIGHTS
Subject to the terms and conditions herein provided, NECR hereby grants to GMRC the right to operate the locomotives, cars, and equipment in VRS's revenue waybill account with its own crews over all mainline track and passing sidings along the following segments of NECR's railroad (hereinafter collectively refened to as the "Trackage Rights"):
A. Between milepost 14.46 on NECR's Roxbury Subdivision at White River Junction, VT and milepost 144.8 on NECR's Palmer Subdivision at Bellows Falls, VT, a total distance of 40.3 miles (the "Upper Segment"); and
B. Between milepost 144.8 on NECR's Palmer Subdivision at Bellows Falls, VT and milepost 99.0 on NECR's Palmer Subdivision at Millers Falls, MA, a total distance of 21.1 miles (the "Lower Segment" and, together with the Upper Segment, the "Subject Trackage'').
Note that the trackage rights on the lower segment are "pop-up" in nature and kick in if interchange service handled by PAS/B&E between Bellows Falls and E Deerfield experiences unacceptable delays.

https://dcms-external.s3.amazonaws.com/ ... 306390.pdf