Railroad Forums 

• Vermont Rail System (VTR, GMRC, WACR, CLP, NYOG)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1573733  by NHV 669

The Nacho (GMTX 2147) and 804 are on the Barre WACR run, I think they've just started running again, on the "new" track they laid last year. They don't go very fast, so you'll have plenty of shots as long as you don't get bunged up in traffic. The one time I got them, they were out at the Junction, grabbing inbound gons from NECR.
 #1575396  by NotYou

csx2039 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:39 pm
CN9634 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:03 pm My understanding is it's more of a CP push than a VRS want, who knows if it'll actually go anywhere. Just reporting what I was told, we'll see what really pans out anyways.
CP push is to retrench to Farnham, not build traffic to Newport, there isnt much green mountain gateway traffic anyway...
Looking at a map all interchange at Newport or Farnham is pretty roundabout for their non-WACR lines. Maybe they can wring freeish trackage rights out CP to move interchange there? Guessing they already have trackage rights w/ NECR.
Last edited by NotYou on Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1575525  by NHV 669

They have haulage rights, not trackage rights on the NECR. Your post isn't very clear, where are you suggesting they move the interchange? VRS wants nothing to do with operating over the border.
 #1575581  by NotYou

I am not suggesting anything. Was stating an observation.

Looking at a map, Whitehall seems to be the most sensible interchange with CP for the non-WACR lines. That is a current interchange right?
 #1575585  by NHV 669

Yes, and much of the WACR traffic itself is coming through that interchange these days. They don't seem to be handing off much, if anything via Newport currently, with CP keeping much of the bridge traffic to itself.