Railroad Forums 

• Valentine's Sale

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1591462  by daybeers

Two weeks after the start of the last NEC sale, Amtrak has a great network-wide buy one, get one sale February 9-16 for travel March 1-August 31! Some fares are really quite good, and though it requires two people, some fares per person are as good or even better than last year's 50% off max of $50 50th anniversary sale! NYC-Chicago for $45 each, Chicago-Emeryville $70.50 each, LA-Seattle $50.50 each, DC-Philly $9 each, even the Acela fares are good at $40 each DC-NYC. My mind is racing with where to go! No blackout dates and the only excluded routes are the Pennsylvanian, Keystone (which seem to both be excluded from all sales, probably some state funding thing), and Auto Train, as well as 7000-8999 Thruways.

Terms & conditions are below:
*For Sale: February 9 - 16, 2022
*For Travel: March 31 - Aug 31, 2022
*Use discount code V214 when booking via the Amtrak app.
*No blackout dates.
*Fares are one way (adult) and no additional discounts apply.
*Full fare adult and companion must travel together and be booked in the same reservation.
*Valid for travel on all service except Auto Train, Pennsylvanian, Keystone Service and 7000-8999 Thruways.
*Valid for Acela Business Class and coach travel only.
*Upgrades to sleepers are not allowed.
*Space is limited, not available on all trains at all times.
*Once ticketed, fares are non-refundable; exchanges are permitted prior to scheduled departure.
*Change fees are waived for reservations made by April 30, 2022.
*Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary allowed.
*Other terms and conditions apply.
 #1591516  by Gilbert B Norman

Well Mr. Daybeers, so you are about to embark on a two night "low level assault course" just to say I rode from Chi to the Coast for only 71 bucks?

Oh, lest one wonder, "low level..." was a line of script from here
 #1591577  by lordsigma12345

It’s a pretty good sale for those who travel corridor coach (and shorter distances on LD coach) and Acela business which I do for trips to New York and along the corridor (and as they say on long distance - most coach ridership is shorter distance trips between points along the way rather than people riding end to end.) For those longer trips though - for those who don’t mind overnight in coach I salute you… you won’t find me doing my upcoming two night trip from Springfield to Glenwood Springs in anything other than my private room.