Railroad Forums 

• Utica Branch Discussion Thread

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#1546013  by ricky

do you all think that nysw abandoned sagerfield to chenango forks? even those the company say back i believe 2007 they were against abandonment
 #1553411  by milkman

Anybody know why they are tearing up the tracks in Sherburne at the railroad crossing? Hopefully it's just for maintenance or repair.
 #1553906  by ut-1

Here's UT-1 on October 1st:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg3RAjbgSeU

The video opens with No. 3040 taking four hoppers southbound on Schuyler Street and follows with captures in Chadwicks, Sauquoit, Paris Station, Waterville and, a few hours later, back in the Utica area on former NYO&W Utica Division tracks in New Hartford.
 #1553916  by milkman

"not 100% sure they might be putting new crossing there"

You're correct, I drove through Sherburne today and they have a brand new concrete railroad crossing.
That's got to be a positive sign.
 #1554462  by ricky

i doubt it but if theirs any chance they running any trains or light engine to chenango forks from utica in the near future