Railroad Forums 

• Utica & Mohawk Valley Chapter NRHS

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1383848  by NYCUticaSyracuse81

I'm looking to contact someone who holds an administrative position with the Utica & Mohawk Valley Chapter of the NRHS. The contact information on their website is rather limited, and there is no email address provided. I would like to discuss a historic milepost that I unearthed in Oneida County. It is in pretty good shape, and as much as I'd like it in my backyard, I think it would be better off if it could somehow be moved a short distance to the former grounds of the Passenger & Freight stations for public viewing; similar to what was done with NY O&W MP 268 at Clinton, NY. Please send me a private message with a name, and contact information. Thanks, CNYrailroadnut
 #1383886  by lvrr325

Man if it's legal just bring it home and put it on eBay. If they want it they'll find it. Do they even have a museum or facility to display such a thing? The CNY folks at least have two.
 #1383893  by NYCUticaSyracuse81

Haha, if it's coming home with me, that's where it's staying. My problem has been finding enough people, and a truck to get it out of there. I think it would be nice to have it moved though, and erected in a place where the public can view it as sort of a historical marker. I'm sure that there's a CNY chapter or railroad museum that has room for it, if the community or the Utica chapter doesn't want it.