Railroad Forums 

• USRA Final System Plan question......

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#95874  by The Rising

Hello all,

I just received an Email from a fellow railroader seeking information on the USRA final system plan.

Does anybody know where one might find information on the plan. I googled USRA and Final System plan. I found alot of references to the plan, but not the plan itself.

Anybody have any suggestions as to where a copy of the plan might be cataloged somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

#95914  by VCRail

Depending which galaxy you're in...
Most major university libraries would have copies of the preliminary and final system plans, particularly if they are repositories of government documents. Don't hold me to the exact call number but I believe they're in the "stacks" under HF (with other railroad-related books) or they might also be placed in the government documents section. Depending upon where you live, you can look in a college library or try to access it via inter-library loan.