Railroad Forums 

• updates on new and existing sidings

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#277785  by Long Island 7285

Is this the DeCarlo foods siding?

#279416  by LRail

Is the Chesler Plywood siding gone forever? It seems they placed various rr ties across the tracks at several locations. Also can anyone tell me the last time Seviroli foods received a shipment? Any pics of the last time a train went over the Meadowbook trestle??? Would love to see that. Thanks Lee

#279468  by Long Island 7285

on arrts arrchives there are some really nice photos of the secondary and I beleive it's been a while sence i last seen it, that it's and S1 or S2 with come box cars at quintin roosevelt Xing and over the Meadowbrook.

#289272  by Legio X

There's a CN boxcar spotted at 84 Lumber in Islip, but nothing else. How often is 84 Lumber served by NYA, and is it usually just a one-car spot, or is it just a light week for them?

#311094  by Legio X

Anything new about sidings or spurs that are planned or have been reactivated?

#311101  by iamchris9119

LRail:

I saw a single boxcar on the abandoned second track in Greenlawn, just west of the station last Saturday (10/21)

#311122  by Legio X

I passed through Greenlawn yesterday and the spur looked like it had been used recently. When it is used, is it usually just a one-car spot, or does the customer take more cars? The concrete loading dock is pretty big there, and speaking of concrete, I remember seeing concrete spilled across the spur last year. It looks like that was cleared away. I believe I posted something about that concrete spill and was it vandalism in the "Greenlawn" topic on this NYA forum.
 #313210  by SwitchMonkey

New sidings? LIES! All Lies! The company has no money in its budget to give us motley assortment of Hoggers, Switch Monkeys and Bobos more than a token raise (Hell, I gave you the national average cost of living increase!)

There's a lot of talk, believe it when you see the first cars spotted.

PS: DiCarlo? what's that?
PPS: 84 lumber in Riverhead?
PPPS: Blissville?
 #313243  by Sir Ray

SwitchMonkey wrote:There's a lot of talk, believe it when you see the first cars spotted.

PS: DiCarlo? what's that?
PPS: 84 lumber in Riverhead?
PPPS: Blissville?
Are you being a wiseguy here? If not, lets hear some real info; if so...we have enough trolls on this board as it is (did they wander back from thelirr.com?)

#315299  by SwitchMonkey

Well then Sir Ray, I give you the big skinny:

1. Diccarlo foods - CATCH: The first batch from DiCarlo is all in cars that LIRR won't clear on the main east of Pineaire. Some trivial matter of overhead clearances and whatnot.

2. 84 lumber Riverhead - CATCH: The town of Riverhead won't give 84 lumber clearance to run a siding and lay track in the storage area. Someone apparently didn't get their campaign contributions.

3. Blissivlle - Switch is in trailing point westward right off the C Secondary. However, it is a switch to nowhere ... no tracks. Railroad Destruction Corp tore up the last vestiges of Blissville Yard last year.

4. Southern Container - Yes, Virginia, they are tearing uyp the works in SC for a switch off the lead. Apparently yet another C&D guy is going in.

5. Central Branch - Yes, they cut a switch in (training point eastward) east of Wellwod DEF, but it points right towards a great bigh hole in the ground. Either local politics or track geometry is involved.

6. <<sniff>> I smell the wafting parfum of MSW rolling off the Bushwick branch.

And as for being a wise guy, if you work for the NY&A .. you gotta be a bit cracked. :-D
 #317466  by SwitchMonkey

Be advised that DiCarlo is getting its first car shortly: a monster TBOX rolled over the CSX bridge into the Pond. Expect to see it rolling eastbound shortly. Expect it to roll back westbound between now and the next presidential election.

#320552  by Legio X

Last week one morning passing over the siding at Pine-Aire on the Sagtikos Pkwy. I could see a train of boxcars either being pushed into or pulled out of the spur down towards the east end of the siding. It was only a momentary glimpse.

#320958  by phantom

Here we go again! DiCarlo got their first switch last week courtesy of the -60! Extraction was made by by the -30 after last week's Saturday Prima run. High car issues were put to rest with coordinated moves by the tower and crews!
It turns out that this car may have suffered the best turn-around of any car on the NY&A - albeit with a little tagging (paint was still wet all the way over the Hell Gate!)! The next one is enroute - not high, should be a non-event (although those are the best!). Customer was very happy with the service/coordination; hope it stays this way!

Sorry to disappoint Switch Monkey (see me in my office!)

#320971  by rb

...so what's in them TBOXs?

You guys working next Friday? I'll be back in my old stomping grounds and might attempt tp observe.

#321103  by jayrmli

If I remember correctly, Salesmaster was happy with the service after his first car too. :wink:

Jay