Railroad Forums 

• UP Symbol Help-QNPSKP-27

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#885337  by ckwwestshore

I am not up on UP Symbols, so when I heard that UP 1995 was going onto CSX via. this train, I didn't know what CSX symbol to look for, what kind of train it is, and what the destination is. Can anyone decode this for me and shed some light? I'm thinking it's either a Q382 or Q090.

Charlie
 #885506  by doepack

Q = Quality manifest

NP = North Platte (origin)

SK = Selkirk (destination, as in Selkirk NY, via CSX)

P = Perishables (has refrigerated cars in consist, likely with "ARMN" reporting marks)

27 = originating date from North Platte.

UP usually interchanges these trains with CSX at Proviso. The westbound counterpart is MSKNP, which can either originate at Proviso or Clearing yard on the BRC...
 #885592  by Caseyjoenz

Locally called "The Salad Shooter" because of the veggies and fruit it hauls. Not a really hot train unless it is behind schedule.
 #885656  by TrainManUPRR

Isn't the salad shooter the ZWASKP/ZDLSKP? I know that Z train is Q090 on CSX, but I'm not sure what the CSX symbol for QNPSKP is. Also doepack- MSKNP doesn't run anymore. I'd imagine the cars that used to run on it run on MCHNP now, or get brought to Proviso and go out on a Proviso train. MSKNP disapperead with the economy.
 #885721  by qboy

QNPSKP if recall is Q390/Q391 on the CSX! Its been a minutes since I've been on freight, but that sounds familar!
 #886041  by ssw9662

ckwwestshore wrote:Q390 no longer runs on CSX...any idea what else it might be?
I believe Q390 was replaced by Q382.
 #890518  by countryboy19

The Q stands for Priority manifest, not Quality manifest.

doepack wrote:Q = Quality manifest

NP = North Platte (origin)

SK = Selkirk (destination, as in Selkirk NY, via CSX)

P = Perishables (has refrigerated cars in consist, likely with "ARMN" reporting marks)

27 = originating date from North Platte.

UP usually interchanges these trains with CSX at Proviso. The westbound counterpart is MSKNP, which can either originate at Proviso or Clearing yard on the BRC...
 #917070  by countryboy19

TrainManUPRR wrote:UP paperwork says a Q train is a quality manifest.
I was going by what the trainlist says. Look at the top, you will see CATEGORY: Q-PRIORITY MANIFEST. Underneath the Train/Job ID