Railroad Forums 

• UP in Huntley, IL

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#571798  by Conrail8124

I just moved out to Crystal Lake, IL & was driving on RT 47 & crossed over a set of tracks in Huntley - does anyone know which UP line this is & how many trains run it? I did catch 1 train the other night heading east w/ UP 1995 in the lead, but it doesn't look very busy.

Thanks!
 #572080  by qboy

That is the Belvidere Sub. You the Belvidere train mostly auto racks otherwise known as ABEBE. Its not really that busy of the line besides BEBE turn which shuttles auto blocks to Proviso and returns with all the local work and auto for the auto plan. You also have the evening local switch the works down to West Chicago and returns to Belvidere. Pretty much both trains run at nite. A couple of times a month BEBE won't make it for the morning Commuter fleet so it can end up running mid morning or day. Something I get to do on occasion. Every now and then you will get extra jobs, or empty autorack trains coming from the west that a redirected to Belvidere.