Railroad Forums 

• UP Business Train?

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#589863  by Ocala Mike

On Tues. afternoon, 10/7, while driving to Salt Lake City w/b on I-80, I saw what looked like a UP "passenger train" with one engine heading up 6-8 cars in UP livery. This was where the tracks are just north of the interstate around the Nebraska/Wyoming border.

Some of the cars looked to be sleepers/observation cars/business cars. Was this possibly a business train move heading to Cheyenne, Wyoming? Nice sight, anyway, on a beautiful day. Sorry I couldn't get any pictures.
 #628303  by atsf sp

Do you know what engine? Because the UP Steam Shop is in Cheyenne, also home to the last operational Centennial and UP E units.
 #628315  by Ocala Mike

I'm not an engine maven, able to spout off manufacturers and model nos. like some. Only thing I know for sure is that it was a contemporary diesel engine, not one of the steam jobs. If it were that, I would have pulled over somewhere and definitely got some pix!
 #628440  by atsf sp

Well it probably was headed towards Cheyenne because that is where it is ussually kept, with all of the other old equipment.