Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1342938  by Jeff Smith

This thread will replace our other status threads. Its intent is to provide a place to report UNUSUAL fleet sightings and freight movements (CSX working Marval, P&W stone, etc.). Something like a BL unit in GCT, etc., or something you don't normally see. I'd include in this definition legacy equipment i.e. some of the older work engines as well as the three remaining M-2 sets.

Ordinary work service and dead-head moves don't count. AMMO or PMMO only if they're actively rescuing something.

Thanks for your participation and cooperation.
 #1343018  by DutchRailnut

actually lit markers are required on all trains in NY state. (connecticut is more lax)
as per time table special instruction SI6-a

a flag is only acceptable if no electric marker is available enroute
 #1343480  by Train2009

At 2:23 PM this afternoon AMMO with GP35R #101 for power was seen headed past Philipse Manor towing a Maxi-set with P32AC-DM #229 up to Harmon. At 3:06 PM it was headed back light to MO.
#101 will be towing yet a other Maxi set with #212 tonight up to Harmon on PMMO after the PM Rush Hour as per Facebook's The Unoffical Metro North Railroad group.
 #1344043  by Steamboat Willie

Today, train 1906 with the 130 had ground faults at Seymour. An attempt was made to troubleshoot the issue with running around the 3 coaches up in Waterbury but issue still persisted. Equipment was sent to New Haven as non revenue move. Beautiful weather out and would've been an interesting shot having the engine long nose heading south.
 #1344138  by Train2009

After 4:15 PM this afternoon GP35R #102 was running light up to CP26 at the Philipse Manor station on track #1 then went southbound via track #2 then went to CP25 to picked up 8 Ballast cars from the siding. Before 4:45 PM it was getting to leave Tarrytown southbound on track #1 with the Ballast train, I caught it again in Greystone at 5:00 PM this evening.
 #1344858  by Nester

On the way in this morning I noticed some wrapped cars sitting on a track on the north end of the Croton shops... the numbers appear to be first or second generation shoreliners -- the car numbers were spray-painted on the wrapping.
 #1344983  by Nester

naugatroll wrote:Probably the Spuyten Duyvil cars.
Very well could be; I figured they were shipped off or scrapped a long time ago. If I see the cars again I'll jot down the numbers.
 #1345028  by DutchRailnut

they will sit there till all investigating and legal is finished and no lawsuits remain, which could be 20 years.