Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1466461  by roysmith

I was driving up I-95 through Larchmont around 2:15 this afternoon when I saw an interesting train coming southbound on the New Haven Line tracks. It was three passenger cars (shoreliners, I think), then a locomotive, then another six or eight passenger cars, then a second locomotive.

What's with that?
 #1467824  by GojiMet86

Anyone want to buy two Brookville BL-06?

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=M ... cctid=8831" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Two (2) Brookville Locomotives Model BL-06 TAG# 404 & 405
Year Make/Brand Model VIN/Serial

Metro North is offering for auction two (2) Brookville BL-06 Locomotives tag# 404 & 405. These locomotives was purchased in 2000, and use were discontinued use in 2012.
Single truck locomotives with 600 HP. These locomotives are equipped A-trak (cab heating and cooling) and cab signaling. Locomotive #404 is described as "contains a defective compressor and missing a cab seat". Locomotive #405 is described as having "NO known issues". (see attached service records). These units can not be towed away in consist. Buyer responsible for all loading and transportation costs. Each locomotive weighs 144,000 lbs. A minimum 70 ton crane is needed to load them onto lowboy trailers or onto rail cars.

Sold "AS IS, WHERE IS". Metro-North makes no guarantee or warranty on any locomotives, vehicles, parts or equipment. Any questions regarding the units please ask them through the questions forum for all bidders to review.

Buyer and transportation contractor(s) may be required to perform safety training prior to accessing Metro North property or when working near active tracks. (see training registration and instructions document). These units are planned to be moved to an area away from an active track to load. In addition to completion of the Contractor Base Training (CBT), all contractors will be required to wear their personal protective equipment (PPE), which includes: work boots, safety vest, hard hat and vision protection along with any protective equipment specific to the requirement of their function. Each person will need to have their CBT personal credentials and/or valid identification on their person when on site. Identification will be checked when accessing the property. The buyer and contractor(s) will provide lists of employee names prior to accessing the property, and only those employees will be allowed access to the property. Metro North's minimum insurance requirement are listed below in the removal instructions and the terms and conditions are attached.

Bidders are encouraged to inspect. A site inspection is scheduled for April 13, 2018. Please contact Anthony "Tony" Bak by phone at 212-340-2777 or by email at [email protected] to register for the inspection. All attendees must have appropriate PPE, which includes a safety vest, safety glasses and safety shoes.

Seller Information
Seller Name: Metro-North Railroad, NY [view seller's other assets]
Asset Contact: Tony Bak (Phone: 212-340-2777)
Asset Location: 100 Croton Point Ave
Croton On Hudson, New York 10520

Inspection
Most items offered for sale are used and may contain defects not immediately detectable. Bidders may inspect the property prior to bidding. Inspection is by appointment only. Please see the contact above to schedule an inspection.

Payment
Wire Transfer is the only payment option for this item. The Wire Transfer Transaction Summary page will provide payment and account information. The Wire Transfer must be completed within 5 days.
PAYMENT MUST BE MADE ONLINE -- To make online payment, log into your GovDeals account and select 'My Bids'. Please follow the instructions there.

Payment in full is due not later than five (5) business days from the time and date of the Buyer's Certificate. Payment must be made electronically through the GovDeals Website. Payment Methods are listed above.

TAX EXEMPTION: Where taxes are applicable (see the Buyer's Certificate), Tax Exempt documents must be provided to this seller within 24 hours of the auctions close and before payment is made. Please see the contact below for any questions.

Removal
Property may be removed by appointment only and appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance. All items must be removed within with in a reasonable amount of time from the time and date of issuance of the Buyer's Certificate.

The Buyer will make all arrangements and perform all work necessary, including packing, loading and transportation of the property. Loading by crane at buyers expense and safety training is required when accessing the property. Liability insurance is required for all contractors accessing Metro North property and Metro North is not liable for personal injury and or damage to contractor property and equipment.
A. The Contractor shall provide insurance in the following types as indicated by the checked box(es) and in amounts of at least those set forth below:

INSURANCE MINIMUM AMOUNTS

1 Workers’ Compensation Statutory Limits

2.Employer’s Liability $2,000,000

3.Commercial General Liability (amount is each occurrence) $ 5,000,000 per occurrence

4.Business Automobile Liability (amount is each accident) $ 1,000,000 each accident

#1468159  by edbac333

At 1630 hrs. today, Sat April 7 I caught the 107 facing south with 7 ballast cars going over the Derby Greenway. Interestingly, there was 4 millennial age types on the bridge taking pictures when I jogged to the bridge after hearing the horns for the Division St crossing. I yelled to them a train was coming and they just smiled and waved. When I heard the horns for Derby Shelton station I yelled " GET OFF NOW!!!!! TRAIN !!!!!!!!! " and they listened that time and 3 out of the 4 made it to the sidewalk and the last hightailed from the bridgework over to it when it was obvious he would make it because the Engineer saw them in enough time to slow almost to a stop and could have fully stopped if he needed too, but still, shaking my head.....
 #1468924  by DutchRailnut

think all will get it as they must last another 5 to 6 years as minimum.
only cars not getting it are 32 m-2 cars still in service but they will probably get a waiver for one or two years .
 #1471345  by DutchRailnut

the BL06's are junk can not be operated on mainline (not shunting) and with 4 wheel arrangement prone to derailment.
Add to that that they are overweight for Park avenue viaduct with a 35 ton axle load.