Railroad Forums 

• Uniq. Eqpmt Sightings: Private Varnish (PV's), Charters, etc

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1579891  by jhdeasy

planespotting wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:54 pm I'm sure others would know more but found the following description from pinterest...

On June 2nd, BNSF's newest unmanned track geometry car, the BNSF 91 was run out of Topeka, KS for a shakedown run to Emporia and back. Here, the train is at the depot just minutes before departure. The consist was as follows: BNSF 6119 BNSF 808382 BNSF 82 BNSF 91 As per Zach Pumphery "This car is former Chicago, Burlington and Quincy coach #341 "Silver Chair", and was built by the Budd Company in March 1954. As originally configured the car featured a snack bar. After Burlington Northern…
Looking many years back into the past, here is a July 1974 photo of the former CB&Q/BN 341 SILVER CHAIR in service as Amtrak 3921 SILVER CHAIR.

#1580366  by STrRedWolf

Future sighting coming up. The PRR Catalpa Falls and NY Central Chester County will be heading from New York to Pittsburgh on the Pennsylvanian as part of Virtual Railfan's Whistle Stop tour, recreating the Broadway Limited line. Dates are Oct 8 for the trip NYP-PGH and return Oct 10th.

Apparently this seems to be a regular thing now, as I dig into it (site at https://www.executiverail.com/trips, but I saw it off the Virtual Railfan Youtube channel).
 #1580500  by rcthompson04

I was on Keystone train 651 last night and it had an interesting consist for a Keystone:

2 ACS-64s (one at each end) - You see this occasionally.
4 Amfleet Coaches
1 Amfleet Cafe Car for Wifi (cafe was closed)

I didn't have a chance to see it, but the Conductor announced that the Cafe Car was closed for service, but people could sit there. It was almost like they threw a random consist together out of spare equipment.
 #1581104  by Train2009

Train2009 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:16 am Private car Milwaukee Road Wisconsin Business car arrived into NYP last night as that car is heading to Albany for the 2021 AAPRCO Special
Went on Train 233 on Thursday (Next Day) This weekend 9/25 and 9/26 Trains 233/244 will have Hickory Creek.
 #1581221  by jhdeasy

Train2009 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:30 pm This weekend 9/25 and 9/26 Trains 233/244 will have Hickory Creek.
These are shakedown trips for HICKORY CREEK, which has not operated in a long time.

NYC 43 is still in NJ, awaiting further repairs before she can return to revenue service. NYC 43 has a charter commitment on October 9th, so that is a firm date as a target for the mechanics.

In addition, the URHS of NJ is now totally responsible for all aspects of operating & maintaining HICKORY CREEK and NYC 43, as they have parted company with the firm of Star Trak Inc. URHS volunteers and contractors have been busy working on both cars.

Another PV made a shakedown trip NYP - ALB - NYP this weekend. Parlor car CHESTER COUNTY (former NYC 56 seat coach 2936) is owned by the Catalpa Falls Group, and was acquired by the current owners in 2020.
 #1581309  by jhdeasy

AAPRCO's 2021 convention special train, "The American Autumn Explorer II", is out on the road. The 13 participating cars are BERLIN, CHAPEL HILL, CIMARRON RIVER, FRANCIS L SUTER, HOLLYWOOD BEACH, NEW YORK CENTRAL 3, NORTHERN DREAMS, NORTHERN SKY, PROMONTORY POINT, STAMPEDE PASS, THE MENZIES VISTA, TIOGA PASS and WISCONSIN

The special train departed ALB on Sunday SEP 26th, and is currently operating on the Vermont Rail System. The two day convention is at Burlington VT. The special train returns to ALB on Friday OCT 1st.