• Union Pacific Office Car Special in NY/NJ this weekend

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by planespotting

UP Office Car Special is in NY/NJ this weekend!

From the comments section of article...

"Norfolk Southern posted a photo of the train earlier today. They state that the train is headed to a ceremony in Harriman, NY. The E.H. Harriman Estate (Arden) is located there. I assume this has something to do with the Harriman family and its legacy with UP"

"on the weekend it will operate west on the former Erie Line, now NJT/MNR, to Campbell Hall, NY crossing Moodna Viaduct and return to NJ..."

http://trn.trains.com/news/news-wire/20 ... new-jersey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by planespotting

Thanks, sd80mac. According to a scoop from chuchubob over at the New Jersey Railfan board, "the train is scheduled to depart Croxton at 1:15 PM Sunday and follow NJ Transit/Metro-North train 75 to Harriman on the former Erie"
  by sd80mac

planespotting wrote:Thanks, sd80mac. According to a scoop from chuchubob over at the New Jersey Railfan board, "the train is scheduled to depart Croxton at 1:15 PM Sunday and follow NJ Transit/Metro-North train 75 to Harriman on the former Erie"
Only thing is that I don't know where it is going to be AT... the old wye is in bad shape and I don't think UP want their biz train to go on it.

I assume stop at Harriman station for short time and leave?? I don't know if estate is viewable from that station? I have no idea what UP is planning or want to do when it get to there.
  by sd80mac

markyk wrote:maybe a trip up to Campbell Hall and back?

I was thinking of same location. But a friend was told by someone that it'll be going to port jervis and use turntable to turn around. Its too much work to do that plus bit further after campbell hall...

Im curious why they are putting in behind 75? Any particular reason?
  by markyk

Last time I was at Port Jervis a few months back, there was equipment on the turntable......I think they can still use the wye at the Hall

and I think they are working on a bridge between Otisville and Port Jervis this weekend
  by sd80mac

markyk wrote:Last time I was at Port Jervis a few months back, there was equipment on the turntable......I think they can still use the wye at the Hall

and I think they are working on a bridge between Otisville and Port Jervis this weekend
Yeah. Wye's a lot faster and less work. No need to disconnect and re-connect these cables
  by Otto Vondrak

vin5581 wrote:Any updates on the schedule of the trip to NY?
It will be on a return routing towards Chicago on Monday, and it will not travel on the Southern Tier.