Railroad Forums 

• Union Pacific, building America?

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#343798  by UPRR engineer

Does the UTU ever have anything positive to report?
Last edited by UPRR engineer on Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#344000  by powerpro69

Seems like something that should be reported to me.

#344079  by powerpro69

and don't forget, we're not Building America till NEXT Friday :P

#344802  by git a holt to it

UPRR engineer wrote:Does the UTU ever have anything positive to report? Hate that cry baby union.
Oh c'mon the brotherhood of locomotive engineers and truckers website posts the same stuff most of the time.

#345128  by jmp883

Already at war with many of its customers over poor service and escalating prices for that service, Union Pacific now is seeking authority to avoid safety inspections on U.S. soil and run trains from Mexico as far as 1,500 miles through and into major U.S. metropolitan areas.
Slack off on the safety issues and sue the hell out of model railroad manufacturers for trademark infringement. Yeah....UP's priorities are just what they should be.........

#345294  by jg greenwood

UPRR engineer wrote:Does the UTU ever have anything positive to report? Hate that cry baby union.
Is the resentment directed at the UTU, or, is it the fact that they would deign to criticize the big yellow borg?

#345326  by thebigc

Why do you hate the UTU? For reporting news that besmirches your employer, the mighty UP?

Wake up and smell the chlorine, already! The UP, and the rest of them, care about one thing only and it ain't you.

#345836  by RMCC Dispatcher

I may have been given wrong information here, but I have heard the government practically forces the railroad, not just UP, to transport the majority of deadly chemicals since the risk is much lower than over the road trucks.

#345891  by UPRR engineer

UPRR engineer wrote:Does the UTU ever have anything positive to report?
There we go.....

#346268  by RMCC Dispatcher

Thanks slchub. This was the text I have been looking for.

#353548  by DrawbarFlats

git a holt to it wrote:
Oh c'mon the brotherhood of locomotive engineers and truckers website posts the same stuff most of the time.

As long as we have two Unions that constantly bicker at each other on the corporate level (and local sometimes) nothing will ever get done. UTU this--BLET that.
I for one am getting tired of it.
And both unions wonder why hardly anyone goes to meetings anymore? Anyone remember the RCO fiasco about six years ago? Each union was finger pointing at the other instead of protecting our jobs.

I'm sure the railroad corporations love it when our unions fight each other.

#353878  by slchub

One-Man craft here we come:

Union Pacific Railroad has notified the city it wants to operate remote-controlled trains through Hermiston. The city has adopted a resolution banning remote-control operations. The railroad, however, continues to pursue its plan.

Railroad officials have told city officials the remote-control operators would be on the locomotives.

http://www.eastoregonian.info/main.asp? ... M=11204.77