Railroad Forums 

• Union Branch Crossing at Forest Ave being removed

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

#670069  by BM6569

On my way down to Wells today, I heard about a traffic notice on the radio of Forest Avenue being down to 1 lane each way for railroad track removal by Marginal Way. I stopped by there on the way back and no work has been done but the portable construction spot lights are in place. I guess they will be working over night to remove the rails across Forest Avenue.

I was wondering why this crossing stayed in place so long as the state street crossing (right nearby) has been gone for some time. Anyone know if the tracks between Forest Ave and State Street will also be removed?

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/newsu ... ts-tonight

I snapped some photos because when it is gone, it will be gone for good (unless they reuse the line in the future). Glad I finally had my camera with me today.

I wonder if they would give me the old crossing signs if I asked. They will probably be removed.

Warren
 #670177  by MEC407

Can't hurt to ask!