Railroad Forums 

• UK train driver wanting to move to US

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1592298  by MayHamrick

Hi! And why do you want to be a train driver? It is an unusual decision for a 17-year-old. Now many people want to become bloggers or lawyers. That's why your decision surprises me. I'm 26, and I would never dare to move to another country in the way you do. I even moved from Berlin to Hamburg with a lot of my things and applied for the services of a transport company from the website https://loparemovals.com/european-removals-belgium. Moving is quite energy-consuming and not as easy as it may seem at first glance. But I sincerely wish you good luck and that you will certainly succeed!
 #1592547  by UKtraindriver

LiamCorbett wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:56 pm So I’m 17, and about to graduate high school in May. I plan on working for a local railroad for several years before maybe moving up to BNSF. I saw on job postings a couple weeks ago that the Cimarron Valley Railroad in southwest Kansas is desperate for both locomotive engineers and conductors. Of course they are a rather small Class III, so this may not even help, but it’s a backwater railroad like you asked. Good luck!
Appreciate it, thank you very much for your post :)

(And sorry for the delayed response haha)
 #1592589  by UKtraindriver

MayHamrick wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:30 pm Hi! And why do you want to be a train driver? It is an unusual decision for a 17-year-old. Now many people want to become bloggers or lawyers. That's why your decision surprises me. I'm 26, and I would never dare to move to another country in the way you do. I even moved from Berlin to Hamburg with a lot of my things and applied for the services of a transport company from the website https://loparemovals.com/european-removals-belgium. Moving is quite energy-consuming and not as easy as it may seem at first glance. But I sincerely wish you good luck and that you will certainly succeed!
I think you’re getting confused between two different posts. He wants to work on the railroad in the same country he is in. He was giving me advice because I want to move countries but I’m a lot older and already have train driving experience.