Railroad Forums 

• Ugliest locomotive

• General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment
General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment

Moderator: John_Perkowski

#157653  by atlpete

IMO Espeefoamer is on the right track, the NDM, CHP and FCP all had numerous wreck rebuilds that had to be seen to be believed rendering virtually everything posted here beautiful by comparison, I mean "have to sneak up on a glass of water" ugly!
(ok except maybe that wretched CP RS that started things off.... whew is that naaaas-tee)
As far as standard production I'll have to agree that the BQ taxes the even the most subjective of aesthetic standards.

#157908  by AmtrakFan

metra 613 wrote:The MPI Mp 36
Those are up there in the uglyness.

#164815  by Champlain Division

That Alco C-855 gives me the distinct impression of looking like a Buffalo. The chop-nose RS-3 reminds me of a sad puppy like a bassett hound. Bet'cha it made a darn good, easy ridin' yard switcher though. And I'd have to dub that SP DH643 "Pregnant Barnyard Sow."

#165985  by David Hutchinson

I love it, but I love it cause it's ugly... the Ingalls Shipbuilding diesel... they only built one and as the Diesel Spotter's Guide woulkd say "unlikely to be confused with anything else".... by the way, it is being produced in brass soon....

#185915  by Engineer James

Very interesting topic.... I would have to say my self... hmmmm.... Rebuilds that come out not as they went in.... Like I believe Clinchfield #1347 an older e8.... had an accident... came out as a reproduction of an F7.... *L* :-D

#190639  by MEC407

Here's another candidate for ugliest locomotive, and surprise-surprise, it's another Alco RS rebuild!

http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?pho ... 712383.jpg

#199777  by ANDY117

GE U50. Enough said.
 #218366  by Ttrain53

I believe those two SD40s in mint green were originally Oneida & Western.
 #218586  by Ttrain53

Those new GE units for China ain't nothing but yougly...