Railroad Forums 

• Two people arrested for hopping freight train

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#6947  by MEC407

From the York County Coast Star newspaper, March 25, 2004...

Riding the rails leads to arrest

WELLS, MAINE - On March 15 at 8:45 a.m., Wells Police responded to a complaint from the Railroad. Police said that railroad employees had found two persons unconscious or sleeping on a freight train at the Wells Train Station. Responding officers found that the two subjects were sleeping. The subjects, Renee E. Reynolds, 20, of 27 Mt. Pleasant Ave., Skowhegan, and Hector L. Santos, 18, of 11 Sherwin St., Waterville were arrested for the misdemeanor crime of riding on a freight train without authorization. Both subjects were transported to the York County Jail in lieu of bond.
Last edited by MEC407 on Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#28313  by george matthews

Which state was this? I guess Maine. Am I right?

#28326  by MEC407

Yes, it was in Maine. Sorry I forgot to mention that.