Railroad Forums 

• Turbo schedules

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#42816  by CTAA-Rail

I'm plannig a trip to Albany and was wondering if anyone has update info on when the rebuilt turbos are operating in and out of NYP.

#43286  by onder

I sort of think that NO turbos are working just now. I havent seen them
on the road for a while now. There is at least one train set at Albany Renn
parked.
 #44005  by CTAA-Rail

I'll answer my own question via this from today's Destination: Freedom -

Turboliners hit hard times again

The August 7 Schenectady Daily Gazette reports that Amtrak pulled the Turboliners from service about a month ago. The action is due to problems with the air conditioning, and because heating was inadequate last winter. No date was offered when they might return to service.

Three Turbo sets have been delivered, and Amtrak has accepted all. Two more sets will be rebuilt by Super Steel Schenectady for a fleet of five.

Since delivery of Super Steel rebuilt Turboliner trainsets began, there have been no more then two sets on the active roster at any time, and no more than one has been shown as “available” at any time in the past few months.

All “available” Turboliners – one set – has been “Available, OK/Idle over five days” since June 23. On July 17, it was withdrawn from “available” status, and both trainsets were listed “Out of Service.”