Railroad Forums 

• Triangle Pacific

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

#235234  by jebradley

I have a 50' plug door box car body, HO Scale, probably Athearn or MDC, caboose red, lettered "Triangle Pacific" in white, numbered 5510, with small stencils "When empty return to Agent BCOL Railroad North Vancouver BC" and further "Triangle Pacific Forest Products Ltd Lessee". Car also has small "North American" rectangular logo at top right of side. I'm not familiar with that company. I do seem to recall seeing recent Walthers catalog showing this scheme on an "all-door" boxcar of type used for wallboard/paperboard/lumber products. Questions (1) Did Triangle Pacific have 50' plug door box cars so lettered, or only 'all-door' types? (2) If they did have 50' plug door cars, is that number correct? If such car existed, I may keep it at is; if no, will re-letter car for railroad ownership. Probably someone in your area can give me the right answer!

James E. Bradley Hawk Mountain Chapter N.R.H.S.

#235251  by trainiac

Athearn has Ready-to-Roll Triangle Pacific cars in that number series, so I would assume it's pretty accurate. They're asking $25 for a single car, after all!

#235281  by 2spot

While a picture of a real Triangle Pacific boxcar has eluded me, I can confirm that Triangle Pacific Forest Products has definitely existed and shipped by rail from Quesnel, New Westminster and Nelson, BC (and perhaps others). You might try Emailing Athearn regarding (questioning) the authenticity of that car and series.