Railroad Forums 

• Transfer Interlocking question

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
 #556771  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

I have a quick question, what is the deal with TRANSFER interlocking? Why are the tracks set up this way? My guess would be that Track 3 used to continue as Track 1 and Track 2 continued as Track 1 here's a picture: (I took this picture, for those who don't know this is Readville, MA)
Attachments:
Picture 175001.jpg
Picture 175001.jpg (98.13 KiB) Viewed 1189 times
 #557638  by Cosmo

My gosh,... Readville under wire!
I've heard all and known all about it for years now,... but hadn't really SEEN it till now.
My reason for saying this is, I think I know where that switch is, but it's hard to tell with all the catenary in the way!
I guess some things you never really get used to. :wink: