Railroad Forums 

• Trainz and MBTA Content

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#1539036  by RenegadeMonster

This past weekend I finally went ahead and bought Trainz 2019 through Stream.

I have been eyeing the simulator for years, but never have purchased it until now.

Going through the content on Steam, I was able to find Routes, Locomotives and Rolling Stock as well as scenarios for most Commuter Rail lines in the United States. But the MBTA was completely missing.

I started searching the web for content and there was very little to be found. What content could be found was really old, as in created around 10 to 15 years ago and in most cases was unusable due to missing dependencies that can no longer be found.

I did find this 3 pack of F40PH for sale, but that's the only working add on I could find for Trainz.

https://jointedrail.com/product/emd-f40 ... ii-3-pack/

I found some shoreline control cabs and coaches. However none of the dependencies could be found.

Does anyone here happen to have any more content or know where I can find any?

Thanks
 #1539079  by Backshophoss

The "T" and MBTA service marks are ownde and controlled by the state of MA,want a hefty license fee for use of the marks
Atlas in HO scale was allows to use MBTA scheme and lettering on some models,after forking up $$$$ for the liense fee.
Consider all commuter operator's schemes,lettering and marks COPYRIGHTED
same for Amtrak.
 #1539095  by RenegadeMonster

I get that the marks are copyrighted.

So the issue is that the the license fees for the MBTA are too high?

Amtrak is built into the core of the game, and there are plenty of premium add ons you can buy. There are also premium add ons for the MTA, SEPTA, NJ Transit and Tri Rail that I have found. I would assume those would all have to be licensed.

Being the local Commuter Rail I was hoping to purchase some MBTA content and model it in Trainz.
 #1539142  by NaugyRR

It's been a long time since my Trainz days, but see if anyone got the Shoreliner cars from the Trainz Classics Harlem Line imported into the latest edition. That will get your missing dependencies straightened out.

I bought 2019 through Steam during the Winter Sale with a $5 credit while it was stupid cheap, but found it DOES NOT like older content in the least. So all my old backed up stuff ended up being useless without some serious content editing, including config tampering and mesh mods.

The community over at the Trainz Forums are pretty helpful, you may have better luck there. That was actually one of my first forums, my username over there was tbob. I used to do a little routebuilding and reskinning back in the day, haha.

Check the DLS for older versions of Trainz. I know for a fact there are MBTA PCC's, Type 6's, and Type 7's on there. I'm pretty sure they actually imported into my 2019 when I tried it too.
 #1539155  by RenegadeMonster

Thanks for the heads up on the Shoreliner cars from Trainz Classics Harlem Line. I'll look into it and check out the Trainz forum.

Late last night I found that if you search the trainz asset manager there is a MassDot F40 PH-2C to be found. That was a welcome surprise.