Railroad Forums 

• Trainfest 2009, Owosso, Michigan

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#590036  by NYC3001

This is fantastic! We have needed some good news here in Michigan lately, and this certainly is a step in the right direction. I hope to be there and will mark my calendar accordingly this upcoming July. :-D
 #590037  by NYC3001

The more I think about this, I wonder what routing NKP 765 will take to move up to Owosso, Michigan and back home again?
 #642204  by Otto Vondrak

GLC 392 wrote:Train fest 2009 will be held at the Steam Railroading institute in Owosso mi, with many attractions coming to the event, heres the whole story and site for Train fest. http://www.trainfestival2009.com/, this will be a great event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Add it to our Events calendar!!
 #653896  by Miketherailfan

I'm surprised to find this wasn't posted here, but check this out folks...

http://www.trainfestival2009.com/4449.php
The "Daylight" is scheduled to travel to Michigan in this historic trip 2500 miles from its home is Portland, Oregon. Tickets are now available between Portland, OR and Durand, MI. Click on the link below for more information. Currently you can purchase tickets to ride behind the "Daylight" on Thursday July 23 and Friday July 24 from TrainFestival 2009.
 #672428  by atsf sp

There are 8 steam engines confirmed going to Trainfest as stated by their website. http://www.trainfestival2009.com/event-attractions.php Includign SP 4449 and the brand new SP Leviathan.
Other than the Southern Diesel, what other diesel engines will be attending? I have also seen rumors stating that NW 475 and Tom Thumb will be attending. Tom Thumb, from what I've read will run the trip under its own power from Baltimore. Too bad Milwaukee 261 is in its 15 year inspection, it would have surely been attending. Now I've got to convince my parents to take me.
 #674241  by Miketherailfan

atsf sp wrote:I have also seen rumors stating that NW 475 and Tom Thumb will be attending. Tom Thumb, from what I've read will run the trip under its own power from Baltimore.
They aren't more than rumors. Those were originally posted as April Fools jokes elsewhere. As far as diesels go, an Amtrak P42DC and a Great Lakes Central GP35 will be on display, with rumblings that a Class One may send an engine for display.
 #688469  by pamm1

If you are staying in or around the Flint, Lansing, Owosso area or driving in watch for the LocalMotion signs for parking and shuttle service into town. The Shiawassee Owosso Kiwanis will offer shuttle service from area parking places in Durand, Shiawassee Fair grounds, Owosso High School. A one time per day $5 pass will let you ride to resaurants, events, the Steam Rail Road Institute, the Durand Depot all day long (under three years is free)Shuttle times are 8-7 on Thursday and Sunday and 8-11 (maybe later) on Friday and Saturday.
Last edited by pamm1 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #692905  by seeleyandbaldori

Steam Trains and Boogie Woogie music have gone together for100 years .
Now you can enjoy both at the Owosso Train Festival 2009

Roma’s Back Door Restaurant Tent
200 E. Comstock St.
Owosso, MI.
Presents –
Seeley & Baldori The Greatest Boogie Woogie Piano Duo
To Purchase Tickets click on http://www.boogiebob.com
Show Times are:
Thursday July 23, @ 7 pm
Friday July 24, @ 4:30 pm
Saturday July 25, @ 4:30 pm
Sunday July 26, @ 2:30 pm