Railroad Forums 

• train watching in PA

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

#61353  by alcoc420

In the next two weeks, I would like to take a one-day or overnight trip to see the GVT Alco's in action, preferebly including the C636. Whereas I am coming from Long Island, I would like to catch the train through the Delaware Water Gap. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what days and times are best for this, as well as the Scranton area? Any help would most appreciated. Thanks.
 #61453  by Sandy Burton

Normally the Portland Turn runs M-W-F. Recent reports have put it in the Gap mid-day.

In Scranton you can start at the Steamtown parking lot next to the tower at Bridge 60 and take it from there.

Sandy