Railroad Forums 

• Train vs. Truck Carrying Cars in Little Falls

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1291737  by CentralValleyRail

Train 1061 has plowed into a Truck carrying cars at the Francisco Avenue Crossing in Little Falls.

- 1 Minor Injury to a Passenger
- There is some pretty good damage to the train and obviously the truck (Train has been annulled)
- Small fuel spill as well from truck
- 6201 has been Annulled
- Buses have just scooped up the last of the passengers (just over an hour from crash time)

The number one question is will service be running by morning time!
 #1291759  by talltim

http://7online.com/traffic/nj-transit-t ... ls/300642/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tuesday, September 09, 2014
LITTLE FALLS (WABC) --
Crews in New Jersey spent early Tuesday cleaning up debris from a train collision in Little Falls.

The train hit a large vehicle transport that stalled on the tracks around 11 p.m. Monday.

There were 15 people on board the train at the time, but no one was hurt.

There was no damage to the tracks.

Workers spent the overnight hours clearing the tracks to make sure things ran smooth for the morning commute.

The passengers were bused to other locations.
 #1291767  by srock1028

CentralValleyRail wrote:- 1 Minor Injury to a Passenger
According to the WABC report below your post, no one was injured...
CentralValleyRail wrote: The number one question is will service be running by morning time!
Yes it is.
 #1291809  by CentralValleyRail

srock1028 wrote:
CentralValleyRail wrote:- 1 Minor Injury to a Passenger
According to the WABC report below your post, no one was injured...
CentralValleyRail wrote: The number one question is will service be running by morning time!
Yes it is.
Considering they said over the police radio that they were treating one person for minor injuries at the scene I'll take their word over the news. And really in the spectrum of things its meaningless.

http://www.nj.com/passaic-county/index. ... cart_river" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" Agency officials believe the truck driver was able to exit the vehicle prior to the crash and was treated by EMS officials on the scene."

So it was the driver not a passenger. Whoop-dee-doo
 #1291832  by srock1028

CentralValleyRail wrote: Considering they said over the police radio that they were treating one person for minor injuries at the scene I'll take their word over the news. And really in the spectrum of things its meaningless.
http://www.nj.com/passaic-county/index. ... cart_river" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" Agency officials believe the truck driver was able to exit the vehicle prior to the crash and was treated by EMS officials on the scene."

So it was the driver not a passenger. Whoop-dee-doo
I just try and have my facts straight before posting anything so I cant be contradicted in any way.
It also plays a role into anything being a FRA reportable injury.
 #1292070  by ALP46A 4662

ACeInTheHole wrote:I did find out. Yes it was a dual mode. 4515. And from what I heard, it did pretty good considering the circumstances. Im not gonna go into it any more than that.
Sorry to ask but is the damage to an extent where the engine could possibly be written off?