Railroad Forums 

• Train Symbols to Fresh pond?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #751384  by RailKevin

Anyone know the CSX train symbol from Oak Point to Fresh Pond? I saw a YouTube video that labeled the train Y101 (just a yard job). Maybe there is a manifest or local symbol instead?

Also, I understand that CP runs a train to Fresh Pond (416 I think). One source says the train originates at Saratoga Springs, and another says Kenwood. Anyone know the origin for sure?
 #751706  by freightguy

I think it was always called CSX Y101 or 301. I forgot what Conrail used to call it.

The CP Trains used to be called D&H 274/ 275. They used originally tie up in Oak Point and CSX would throw the NYAR cars on their train down to Fresh Pond. After awhile CP moved the train to Freah Pond due to space issues.
 #779764  by MNR's #1 Conductor

freightguy wrote:I think it was always called CSX Y101 or 301. I forgot what Conrail used to call it.

The CP Trains used to be called D&H 274/ 275. They used originally tie up in Oak Point and CSX would throw the NYAR cars on their train down to Fresh Pond. After awhile CP moved the train to Freah Pond due to space issues.
Currently, CSX daytime freights to and from Fresh Pond from Oak Point, respectively, are Y-101 and Y-102, formerly known as Conrail YAOP-17, though the suffix number changed quite a bit. D&H (CP Rail) are 416/417, between Kenwood Yard, Albany NY and Fresh Pond, more or less three times a week, with the outbound 417 being the daylight train anytime between 1330 and 1830 (1:30 PM and 6:30 PM), and the inbound 416 in the wee hours between 0100 and 0500 (1 AM and 5 AM) and also running more or less 3 times a week, though lately this has fluctuated between that number or lesser, is Providence & Worcester FPCH/CHFP, Cedar Hill Yard, New Haven CT to Fresh Pond, the FPCH being a daytime run anytime between 0900 and 1400 (9 AM to 2 PM), and CHFP coming well into the night between 2200 and 0300 (10 PM and 3 AM). Sometimes the P&W daylight outbound to CT is usually light engines with no cars, but most times it has a few empties. Rarely will it have a long train of empties.
 #812687  by MNR's #1 Conductor

MNR's #1 Conductor wrote:
freightguy wrote:I think it was always called CSX Y101 or 301. I forgot what Conrail used to call it.

Currently, CSX daytime freights to and from Fresh Pond from Oak Point, respectively, are Y-101 and Y-102, formerly known as Conrail YAOP-17, though the suffix number changed quite a bit. D&H (CP Rail) are 416/417, between Kenwood Yard, Albany NY and Fresh Pond, more or less three times a week, with the outbound 417 being the daylight train anytime between 1330 and 1830 (1:30 PM and 6:30 PM), and the inbound 416 in the wee hours between 0100 and 0500 (1 AM and 5 AM) and also running more or less 3 times a week, though lately this has fluctuated between that number or lesser, is Providence & Worcester FPCH/CHFP, Cedar Hill Yard, New Haven CT to Fresh Pond, the FPCH being a daytime run anytime between 0900 and 1400 (9 AM to 2 PM), and CHFP coming well into the night between 2200 and 0300 (10 PM and 3 AM). Sometimes the P&W daylight outbound to CT is usually light engines with no cars, but most times it has a few empties. Rarely will it have a long train of empties.
I also believe there is a late night or wee-hour AM run from Oak Point to Fremont and back, and I think that is Y-301/302, but that symbol I am not too sure of. Any corrections are welcomed!!