Railroad Forums 

• Train Simulator II

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#294067  by GP40MC 1116

I know that the current version of MSTS is a good game, and you can add routes, and cars and locomotives so it really never ends what you can do. My question is, is their a planned update for the game or?

#294097  by Lirr168

Nope. Another company is supposedly working on a game that (more or less) uses the MSTS engine, but I have not seen or heard any real progress on that front recently.

#314401  by AEM7AC920

The original ideal of creating a MSTS II was scrapped a few months after the original word was released but luckily Kuju is coming out with another simulator. If anyone wants to know the details about the original MSTS II being canceled or the new Kuju sim then I would do a search over at www.train-sim.com. The only thing I herd about the new sim is that it will include mostly European routes. Train Artisan & PI Enginnering(raildriver) also were working on new simulators but no recent word has been herd.

#314645  by Wisconsin Railfan

The link I provided is the main site for the sim, it is updated often with the progress of rail simulator, there is also a newsletter you can sign up for. also as mention train-sim is also a good site,

#320214  by Two-Tone-Green

wow the last time I looked on that site there was nothing and wow what a advancement wow I'm simply amazed, looks better than the MSTS 2 Pictures.