Railroad Forums 

• Train Sim crashes in winter and bug reports

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#183499  by alzubal

Whenever I try to run my Micro Soft train sim in the winter with snow
I get an eror message that tells me to send a report. When I send the report the program shuts down> Is the trouble with my computer or the program? Everything else works fine.
Thank You for your help
Al

#186079  by Nicolai3985

What are the specs on your computer? My first guess would be that it has something to do with your graphics card and its software drivers. Do you have the latest version of the drivers installed ?

-Nick

#186194  by pgengler

You may want to turn down some of the graphics settings for MSTS, including turning off snow and rain. They can really slow things down, and if your computer and/or video card aren't powerful enough, could cause a crash.

One other thought: is this on one of the default routes included with MSTS? not all add-on routes (usually free ones, as I've heard) include winter textures by default.

#189853  by AEM7AC920

There is a simple fix for this on the Microsoft Train sim web page, you need to go into start, programs, train-sim then troubleshooter and from there you can check the box that says snow causes game to crash.

#190598  by CRail

The problem is easier to fix than downloading anything. It is your video driver, witch train simulator can fix itself. Start train simulator through the train simulator troubleshooter, located under the microsoft games list from the start menu. From there, click troubleshooting. check off "snow causes game to crash or does not display". Then go back to the main screen and launch the game. the problem should be solved