Railroad Forums 

• TRAIN ID

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#113260  by gitrplaya5u

hi

im wondering, what is a resource i can use to find wat trains carry what train IDs? for example i know that one CSX coal is labeled "Txxxx." i hope im making my question clear. thanks in advance.

zack

#113266  by SRS125

for which railroad are you looking for train I.D.'s?

#113267  by SteelWheels21

Out here on UP the train symbols are thus: Type of train: Origin: Destination: Date train left Origin.

For example, I may work the IBASE-22 tonight. That means I'll be taking an intermodal ("I") from Barnes yard in Portland, OR ("BA") to Seattle, WA ("SE") on the 22nd of whatever month.

Or, I may be catching the MEUNP-21. That's a Manifest (mixed) freight ("M") that originated in Eugene, OR ("EU") and is going through to North Platte, NB ("NP"). The origination date is the 21st of whatever month. Now it may have come in to Albina yard in Portland and sat for a day or two, so I may not take it on its next leg until the 23rd, but it's still designated "21". Another MEUNP "22" that originated the following day might be sitting two tracks over and it's important to make the distinction.

Yard jobs here are designated "Y" for yard then whatever location and job it is. I'm going to work in an hour on my regular job, the YBR81R. This means it's a job at Brooklyn Yard in Portland designated #81 and it's a remote control job (the "R" on the end).

csx

#113360  by gitrplaya5u

for which railroad are you looking for train I.D.'s?
CSX. sorry didnt make that clear.

#113389  by SRS125

go to www.bullsheet.com this should still have all of the CSX Call signs posted.
 #113676  by gitrplaya5u

umm i couldnt find anyhting on there.
 #113742  by gitrplaya5u

hi agan

wow thx a lot everybody for your help!
bin looking for this stuff for a while.. thx agan.