Railroad Forums 

• Train - car crash video

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

#369568  by george matthews

David Benton wrote:a spoof form british motoring show , Top Gear , but shows the effect of a train hitting a car .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uaFfFU2 ... ed&search=
Top gear is notoriously about Boys playing with their Toys.

Its presenter Jeremy Clarkson likes to air several prejudices, such as that cars cannot be responsible for climate change, women should be seen but should not drive. Generally he could be expected to hate trains, as they don't burn enough fuel.
 #369812  by Komachi

Wow...

That minivan was definately "toast." And that was just with the locomotive "running light" (as in no carriages behind it).

I know it's bad taste, but it was a "mocumentary" done in the spirit of the show, and when you consider the source...

But still, wow.

Toast.

With blackberry jam.

#369966  by David Benton

i guess it will be watched by motorists , which hopefully will put them off running crossing lights . On the other hand i wonder how many young people will decide it will be fun to steal a car , park it on a level crossing , and watch what happens ?

#370012  by george matthews

David Benton wrote:i guess it will be watched by motorists , which hopefully will put them off running crossing lights . On the other hand i wonder how many young people will decide it will be fun to steal a car , park it on a level crossing , and watch what happens ?
There was a crash last year at Ufton Nervet on the GWR main line when a car was parked on a level crossing. Police concluded that the driver was a suicide. He took a number of other people with him when a HST ran into the car. Let us hope he is in the most suitable place.

#370168  by David Benton

and of course the one in los angeles . With advances / reduction in cost of cctv cameras , maybe one day every crossing will be checked by camera before a train is due .