• Traffic increase/decrease on M&E's lines

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, mikec, cjl330

by Jihn z

How is inbound and outbound traffic going lately on the M&E's lines? I keep track of the D&R, but I don't know about the other ones.

Traffic is greatly increacing on the Dover and Rockaway lately. I'm noticing runs at least once, if not twice a week, delivering covered hoppers with the plastic pellets to the industries on Green Pond Road. 84 Lumber has also recieved flat and centerbeam cars on occasion lately, something I haven't seen in a long time.

I know that in November and December the Toys R US warehouse was recieving great number of cars and we were running up there a few days a week.

Has anyone spotted the trains lately??

Thanks in advance

by denvillerailfan

B&G has a boxcar sitting there today that wasn't there friday... seems to be every week or two they're up in Roseland. Must be early, the deed is done before I come to work.
I stopped by Lake Jct. a couple of weeks ago. The new siding was coming along, and there were quite a few cars staged there. Don't know if they were coming or going.