Railroad Forums 

• Tracks in Lincoln Maine

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1054470  by MBTA1016

I was up in Lincoln Maine this past weekend and came across a single line track crossing Penobscot valley drive/road. This street ends across from the regional hospital in Lincoln. The only protection is just a light and bell setup, there are no arms. Is this track even used anymore and who owns it?
 #1054500  by MEC407

Pan Am owns the tracks. I'm not familiar with that street, but Pan Am's mainline runs through Lincoln, so that's probably what you saw. I'll move this topic over to the Pan Am forum.
 #1054530  by JB283

Yes. It was / is Pan Ams mainline. Its the only tracks that go through Lincoln. There is also a station and a siding at the mill in town as well.
 #1054639  by MBTA1016

Thanks for the replies. I was there Friday through half of Sunday. I didn't hear any train airhorns, but plenty of moose.