Railroad Forums 

• Trackage under NJ Tpke.'s Milepost 87

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1578569  by Teutobergerwald

Yesterday I had business in New Jersey, and was traveling southbound on the Turnpike in the truck lanes, as a passenger, so I was able to see passing scenery I otherwise would not if I was driving. Just before milepost 87, we passed over a single track, with the foliage of the trees on either side of the right of way close, but not overwhelming it, and the rails appeared to have a shine. Anybody know which line this is, and who uses it, and to serve who? Thanks.
 #1578623  by CR7876

R&DB wrote:Norfolk Southern connects to Croxton Intermodal yard.
Not at NJTPK MP 87
Teutobergerwald wrote:Yesterday I had business in New Jersey, and was traveling southbound on the Turnpike in the truck lanes, as a passenger, so I was able to see passing scenery I otherwise would not if I was driving. Just before milepost 87, we passed over a single track, with the foliage of the trees on either side of the right of way close, but not overwhelming it, and the rails appeared to have a shine. Anybody know which line this is, and who uses it, and to serve who? Thanks.
Conrail Amboy Sec
 #1578648  by R&DB

#1578623 by CR7876
Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:53 pm
So I am very Happy to be corrected on this. I used google maps to find MP87 and it dumped me on the NE extention just east of the Hackensack River. Sorry Teutobergerwald.
 #1580701  by Jeff38201

MP87 is in Edison Twp, the line is CSAO's Bonhamtown Branch. Sees a daily Raritan Central train from the Raritan Center to Metuchen Yard and back. Raritan Central has filed to acquire the line from the NEC wye to the Raritan Center.