Railroad Forums 

• Track close to Indiana University

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#114191  by dhaugh

Back in the early '90s I was at the football stadium in Bloomington where Indiana plays. Notes I took then mention a slow moving train going by, whose head end I did not see, but for some reason I put down that I thought it was a shortline. Does anybody know whose train it might have been, and if that track is still in service? Thanks , Dave

#114570  by CarterB

"...The line thru IU's campus is Indiana Rail Road's ex-IC main route from Indy to Illinois. There were frequent - usually nighttime - coal trains shuttling between the IL mines and the Indy power plant up into the late 90s IIRC. There was also the afternoon boxcar train with GE traffic - I believe that headed southwest for interchange with CSX. ..."