Railroad Forums 

• Towers in Elizabeth

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

#5118  by OCtrainguy

I have been reading Jersey Central Lines in Color (Vol. 1) and have a question I think I know the answer to. Are towers GW and QR towers still standing? If not, which is probably the answer, does anyone know when they were torn down? Any information would be appreciated.

#9010  by BlockLine_4111

IIRC there were some structures at E-Port (elevated lines) that were still standing between 82-83 and demolished in the later 80's.
 #10559  by OCtrainguy

Yeah, that makes sense. I know Conrail/NJT took down Red Bank tower in 1985. Just have to go for a ride someday soon. :)

#52465  by mikec

QR tower is still Standing. It is not is Elizabeth. It is in Roselle Park and is now Priv, Home

#52761  by Ken W2KB

Interesting. Is the tower itself the home or just on the property? Was it expanded?

#52901  by mikec

Tower is the home. Not Expanded. If you have seen pictures of it. It was pretty wide for a tower. It is located in Roselle Park on East Westfield Ave around Sherman Ave. There is a small condo complex in front of it.

#52904  by Ken W2KB

Thanks. When next in the area, whenever that may be, I'll try to find it.