• Tourist Railroads & Theme Park Railroads

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

by Trolleycar

Why is theme parks Has is a usually Narrow Gauge Railroad ?

But is there More Theme Park Railroads then Main Line Tourist Railroads ?

But i know that Tourist Vintage / Heritage Streetcar Lines are Becoming Popular & More Encomical to do for Cities.

But Railroad Museum Also offers Train Excursion trips too.

But In hawaii there are 3 Sugar Cane Railroads that are now a Tourist Railroad now.
  by GSC

Trolleycar wrote:Why is theme parks Has is a usually Narrow Gauge Railroad ?

But is there More Theme Park Railroads then Main Line Tourist Railroads ?

But i know that Tourist Vintage / Heritage Streetcar Lines are Becoming Popular & More Encomical to do for Cities.

But Railroad Museum Also offers Train Excursion trips too.

But In hawaii there are 3 Sugar Cane Railroads that are now a Tourist Railroad now.
If I understand this correctly:

1) Many theme park railroads began life with surplus narrow gauge industrial locos and rolling stock, and was much cheaper to buy, often for scrap value, than standard gauge equipment. Later came reasonably-priced new equipment made specifically for the theme park industry, a lot of old-looking replicas of steam and diesel and passenger cars, miniature park railroads like what Cagney built, etc. The key point is smaller, and therefore less expensive.

2) Without researching it, I would say that there are far more theme park railroads, so many big and little parks have some kind of choo choo ride.

3) Tourist villages and heritage streetcar lines are being built, but I don't see a huge movement in it.

4) Three sugar cane railways have been preserved and operated. That's a good thing.
  by Trolleycar

In north America How many Tourist Railroads are with Main Line & Park Railroads ?

I know there in USA and Canada of over 30 Heritage & vintage Streetcar/Trolley Lines now.

I know i also 18 Mountain Railways in North america that are now now Tourist Railways .

But dinner trains easy to operate or Tourist Train such as a Scenic Railroad , Railroad Musuem,

I figured a Tourist Train a Scenic Excurison Train is easy to operate ,run.

Is Railroad Musuems is Easy to do or be apart of a Railroad Museum , I think at a Railroad Msueum

Is also have a Streetcar / Trolley that can offer rides at a Railroad museum any where on the Musuem complex.

The Streetcar /Trolley is great for Tourism .

But why is Heritage &Vintage Streetcar Lines are being returning back to cities history ?

For Tourism ,Nostalgia ,History ?

For a Railroad Museum deal is have a Model Railroad Club With a Trolley Club with using overhead wired lines.
  by Trolleycar

Why is Tourist Railroads are becomming a popular thing compared to Freight Railroads?

Is it because we have things like Movies with Trains ?

But Heritage Trains are really great for Railroad Fans ,Kids , Families .

Nostalgia ,History ,Railroad Museums in Movies.

But I notice you do see alot more Heritage Railroads that being more of a Novelty Deal.

But Park Railroads are Popular too.

Even Heritage Streetcar Lines are becoming popular.

Trains for Weddings ,Parties with Train charters .

Also Funicular & Cog Mountain Railways.

But how many Tourist Railroads are there now between 300 to 500 or more of different types of Heritage Railroads .

In USA , Canada ,Mexico , Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico in Arroyo has a Sugar Cane Plantation Narrow Gague Train ride with 2 Diesel Electric Plymoth Switchers that are
70 tonners with flatcars that are now converted to open air cars Kids Love to Ride this Train.

that the Arroyo Train ride that is a novelty ride then other.
  by GSC

The very first entry in this forum is a list of museum and tourist railroads.