Railroad Forums 

• Conditional Job Offer (Carmen)

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#988247  by damdamjr

Hello ALL.....I'm new to the site, but have gathered so much info from reading everyone's post. Here's my story... I've been in law enforcement for 11 years now and I have several friends that work for NS. My friends love there job and told me I would love working over there, plus I love working with tools. SO, I put in an app, got an invite, passed the test, passed the interview and the next day one of the Sup's called me with a job offer and I accepted. The following week I did there medical screening and background test and haven't heard anything since. Been about 2 weeks now. I'm really excited about starting the job, can't wait. My buddy told me my start date should be on a Monday, cause I have to be in Georgia on that day for the safety week and then I'll go back later for 8 week training. Question.............. Is there a good brand of boots I should purchase? I was told clothing didn't matter. That I could wear dickies or jeans, but my boots had to have a 90 degree angle on the heal. Thanks
 #1111213  by Rolltide360

I am scheduled to start training in Mcdonough on the 26th.. 3 days from now! It took two months for me to get to this point as I was offered the job at the begining of October. As far as boots, I was told they have to be leather with defined heel and 6 inches from sole to top.