Railroad Forums 

• Need Some Help (CSX)

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#940615  by kiu9811

I applied for another Class 1 Railroad and was denied for failing a drug test ( hair test) for hydrocodone, i had taken a couple a few months before the test. But i had a prescription so i didnt think to much of it. Well what i didnt know is they wouldnt take my prescription because it was over a year old. So im wondering is this goin to affect me for trying to apply for another railroad, the failed drug test that is. The trainmaster said at the interview if you fail a pre-employement drug test you cannot apply for another DOT job, but the lady I spoke with in the medical department said it would'nt affect me for another railroad, don't know who to believe and was wondering if anyone had an answer to this.
 #940641  by charlie6017

Hello,

I am going to send this to the employment forum on this site, you will probably get more help there. I did edit title of this thread so that others will know which Railroad you're seeking help with.......good luck to you!

Charlie
 #940655  by kiu9811

charlie6017 wrote:Hello,

I am going to send this to the employment forum on this site, you will probably get more help there. I did edit title of this thread so that others will know which Railroad you're seeking help with.......good luck to you!

Charlie

Thanks alot,
 #940742  by COEN77

Hair folicle tests only go back 6 months into a persons history. If the script was a over a year old that would be a concern. There's a grey area for perscription drugs a doctor wrote it for a specific purpose once it's not needed an it's used it becomes illegal. Hydrocodone (Vicadin) is a popular street drug as is oxycodone (percaset). Wether your test is in a DOT data bank I haven't a clue. I wouldn't think so it wasn't a DOT random drug test it was done by a facility the railroad hired. I'd apply to another railroad hopefully what's in your system would be clear in another test.
 #940926  by kiu9811

COEN77 wrote:Hair folicle tests only go back 6 months into a persons history. If the script was a over a year old that would be a concern. There's a grey area for perscription drugs a doctor wrote it for a specific purpose once it's not needed an it's used it becomes illegal. Hydrocodone (Vicadin) is a popular street drug as is oxycodone (percaset). Wether your test is in a DOT data bank I haven't a clue. I wouldn't think so it wasn't a DOT random drug test it was done by a facility the railroad hired. I'd apply to another railroad hopefully what's in your system would be clear in another test.

Thanks for the advice, i didnt think it would be a concern when i took the medicine, i had it sitting around in my cabinet and took it occasionally for pain, so i didnt think it would be an issue so i hope it doesnt ruin my chances for the railroad.
 #941753  by jz441

I also don't believe that pre-employment drug test are stored in the DOT data bank. Apply!