Railroad Forums 

• CSX track worker Louisville, KY

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#925648  by PLC23

Hey guys, new to the RR forum. Ive been reading alot since my first interview and have had alot of my questions answered.

My original interview with csx was for track worker in louisville ky. interview went well, and i was placed into the hiring pool 2 days later... that was february 4th. ive been told this is a good thing. since then, i have applied for two track worker spt's for louisville as well...

so my question is, will they hire me out of the pool for spt even though my interview was for local track worker in louisville?

thanks guys, this forum has been very encouraging and keeps my hope alive when i see that it actually is a waiting game.
 #927304  by rplky

PLC23 wrote:Hey guys, new to the RR forum. Ive been reading alot since my first interview and have had alot of my questions answered.

My original interview with csx was for track worker in louisville ky. interview went well, and i was placed into the hiring pool 2 days later... that was february 4th. ive been told this is a good thing. since then, i have applied for two track worker spt's for louisville as well...

so my question is, will they hire me out of the pool for spt even though my interview was for local track worker in louisville?

thanks guys, this forum has been very encouraging and keeps my hope alive when i see that it actually is a waiting game.
The chances of a pool call for Louisville (MOW) TW are very good and soon. I am currently at REDI training for TW Louisville Div now. The last call that I made to the RoadMaster he said he will be hiring more for local, after training, and 3 of us are training now and 1 has been and is back local working. Hope this is encouraging for you, any questions let me know.
 #929760  by GWoodle

The recent floods may lead to lots of work in KY & TN once the water goes down. Let us know if you get the call!
 #933522  by dus10

a friend of mine interviewed a few years ago for a track worker on the Paintsville, Ky section, got the job and found out that he, along with 2 others hired for Paintsville were actually going to the R1 system rail team, so i think they can do whatever they feel needed with you guys.