Railroad Forums 

• Newb saying hello from Montana.

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#908425  by Aviator

Hello guys and gals. Name is Brad and i live in Great Falls MT, And I just got the final job offer from BNSF as a conductor trainee for Havre MT. So many questions, but I'll ask them over time. I just want to make sure that I'm making the right decision on taking the job. I currently make over 60k a year now but have no benefits as a auto transport truck driver. And there will be a paycut for the training. But I guess the pay is better after training than I make now anyway, plus benefits. So it seems like a no brainer to go on with it. I just hope I can pass the 90% test and all the training or I'm kicking rocks back to the truck haha.
 #915325  by Komachi

Hey, there, Aviator! Welcom aboard the Railroad.net forums!!!

We'll see what we can answer for you regarding BNSF operations here, but work-related questions are better asked in the Employment Forum (more resources to draw from, not only regarding BNSF, but CP, CSXT, NS, etc.).

Hope you enjoy your time here, Newb. But, don't worry, you'll soon be an "old hat" like some of us out here. ;) :P