Railroad Forums 

• BNSF Hiring Process

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#959387  by jz441

They changed the test... No more math. Just reading comprehension and personality profile.
 #962997  by logan13az

I left a comment on another post earlier regarding employment. To cut to the chase, I received an invitation from BNSF to go to MT..Miles City, for the job preview and testing session on Wed August 24th for the Conductor Trainee position. Everyone on here seems VERY knowledgeable..and well..I could use this or any knowledge soon..REAL soon! I had 20 yrs in retail..left in Oct of 2007 to work for a mining company driving a haul truck. Due to the downturn in the economy I along with 1700+ people were laid off in Nov of 2008 and I ended up returning to the same retail company I spent the 20 yrs with. I worked 7 12 hr shifts in a row while with the mining company..in fact it was 7 on and 7 off. I (with my wife's blessing) would work my 7 and then take a day off do 6 then a day off then another 7..then take a week off. I lived a very spartan existence as well. One of my concerns...and it's not the unusually long hours or anything like that..is if the company (BNSF) will or does make any accommodations since I'm coming from out of town. I highly doubt it. I just thought I'd ask. It's 2 hours from Billings,MT to Miles City, and Billings is the closest city for me to fly in to from the PHX area. My wife and I have 4 children and although She's always been behind me 110% in this (like the last time with the mine) money is very tight right now (I also work a second job as a merchandiser). It would be nice if they could somehow get me from Billings to Miles City. I'm very optimistic about this opportunity...WITHOUT getting my hopes up..and I'll do what it takes to complete everything they ask of me. Any of you guys who've done this before, please fill me in..JZ441 has had a lot of insight on a lot of the topics on here...thanks again...time is ticking fast for me.... :)
 #963143  by jz441

Sorry, they will not make any accommodate you or anyone else in any way.... If they did it for one person,they would have to offer it to everyone. To be honest with you, they really don't care!
 #963700  by rabbi

Hi all,

I attended the July 19th West Quincy, Mo. conductor trainee hiring session, received and accepted a conditional offer. I have since passed the strength test and the background check was complete as of August 11th. Last Friday, I completed the Physical and am just waiting for the final offer to hopefully come soon.

Any ideas as to how long it may take to hear about the final offer? The class isn't scheduled to start until October 31st, so I hope the waiting game doesn't last that long. I suppose they could always moved the class date up?