• BNSF Hiring Process

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by MSJ123

Just curious how the stress test works. I went through the drug, hearing, eye test ect, and passed. But if I got a email from the BNSF Medical dept, stating I failed the physical capabilities test...Does that mean I don't get the job? I did not recieve an email from HR, clearly stating I will not be hired.
  by bmf50bmg

kyleb,
I had the same thing happen with one of my past employers. I just called my old boss and had him call Verifications Inc and tell them my employment dates. You should be OK if you get it done in the time frame they give you. 3 days is what mine said.
  by jz441

Unfortunately, that means that you are physically not fit for the job.
  by RobertF

kyleb04 wrote:I JUST HAVE A QUESTION? I GOT A CONDITIONAL OFFER FOR CONDUCTOR TRAINEE PRIMARY RECALL POSITION IN KC. I GOT A CALL FOR VERIFICATIONS INC. SAYING THAT ONE OF MY PAST EMPLOYERS (DATES THAT I WORKED FOR THEM) WERE NOT MATCHING. WILL THIS LIMIT MY CHANCES OF GETTING A FINAL NOTICE OF EMPLOYMENT? IM JUST REALLY WORRIED AND WANTED TO SEEK SOME ANSWERS? THANKS EVERYONE!!!
Did you talk to them and try to correct it? Verifications Inc will tell you the other options for verifying employment, generally they'll accept W2's or paystubs if they can't verify with the employer direct or via one of the employment verification hotlines.
  by C86

Good Afternoon,
I am new to this site and have read through post egarding the BNSF strength test. I have noticed that there are a few individuals who have not passed the strength test, and would like to know what are factors that keep people from passing this test. Some say it is past injuries, while some say they only look for the consistency and amount of force exerted by each limb. Also does the BNSF medical review team provide the reasons why the candidate didnt pass? I am scheduled to take the strength test this coming Tuesday, and am trying to educate myself and prepare as much as possible; Any info would contribute to that and be highly appreciated.
  by recklessendangerment

Strength Test.

The strength test didn't seem to bad too me, But it was a sure pain in the ass for me to do. I had the joy of having to drive 500 Miles each way to do the 15 minute test. Just try your damndest to break that machine each time and MAKE SURE THE OPERATOR STRAPS YOU IN TIGHT. The Tighter you're strapped in the more force you can exert. Had me a bit wore out after the short testing, It was a helluva workout. They should put those things in Gyms.
  by Hotrod49

Got my final job offer today start work on 04/18/11 in Cleburne Tx wow that was a long 2 1/2 months but worth it got 2 pack and move good luck to you all in the process still look me up in Cleburne see ya Hot rod
  by bmf50bmg

Just got my final offer and start on 4/11! Good luck to everyone in the hiring process.
  by ddw76

I applied for a conductor primary recall on 3/30 and it closed this past Tuesday 4/5 I was wondering how long it takes for them to get back to you they have a expected start date of July 4 th. Do I still have a chance or am I just being impatient. Anyone with past experience let me know
  by ddw76

Anyone?
  by jz441

Where did you apply? As far as the time frame goes, railroad moves at it's own pace. Start date is just a projected start date, and it can change at any time.
  by ddw76

I applied for Kansas city Kansas. So if I haven't heard anything I'm still in clear???
  by jz441

I would say yes... They are pretty good about telling people: "Thank you for applying, but...."
  by jonaelin

Received the email "Medical Determination" and had to do all the bloodwork and sleep study. Just received the results of my sleep study and it indicated that I have "Mild Obstructive Sleep Apnea". Now that I have a diagnosis of some sort of sleep apnea, how will the railroad deal with this? Haven't heard from them yet. Anyone else had this happen to them?
  by C86

Hello, I got an email from BNSF medical review stating that I meet the "medical Standards" what is the next step expected after this? Is the next step an official job offer/start date?? Im exercising patience, but Hoping to get on soon.once again thanks to all and any information. You all are really helpful.